Thursday, August 26, 2010

"My dog is Friendly"


So many of my clients that have dogs that bark and lunge at other dogs on leash tell me that they do not know what to do or say when an approaching owner and dog say “My dog’s Friendly” or assume that their dog is friendly and allow their dog to come up to their reactive dog.  One piece of advice I have found to give them is to buy a doggie backpack for their dog, put some water bottles, soup cans, etc.  in it and explain to the other owner that their dog cannot meet other dogs or people because it is a service dog and is in training right now! This makes it about their own dog and not the other person’s dog and people are more understanding and respectful!

I want to make t-shirts for people with reactive dogs that say something like "Great that your dog is Friendly, But you don’t have to brag about it!!"  :)

1 comment:

  1. I found a yellow vest on etsy that says I need some space. Great idea for those of us with reactive dogs who do not want
    To be approached.

    ReplyDelete